20 January 2012

Power/Energy Game: Electrocity

It's tough to find a game that's both fun and educational. Electrocity is one of those games. Plus it's free, and it's online, so kids can play it from any computer with the internet.

I haven't spent much time with it, but some of my students, once getting a taste for it, have gone home and played for hours, trying to get the perfect balance of meeting a city's energy needs without destroying the environment. At the end it gives you a score and grades.

I'm fighting the temptation to go on about philosophies about using games in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. As I read pertinent articles via my Feedly feed, I quickly pin them to the Google Pinterest board. It's an exciting learning opportunity to share information with both faculty and students. I've introduced Google sites in a faculty meeting and used Google presentation on numerous occasions when presenting and screencasting. Education technology journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fighting the temptation to go on about philosophies about using games in the classroom. technology in schools

    ReplyDelete